Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter GRS Nov 27th Very Good seeing!!

Space Cowboy

At last good seeing....ROCK SOLID SEEING!!! This is my best Jupiter night ever! More avis to process so maybe even better ones than this. Annoyingly I messed up the IC Capture debayer so some are b&w :icon_confused:.

Anyhow I did some in straight colour which this one is.

Auto Dob + DFK + 5X Powermate = f30. 2500 frames stacked from over 5000. 30fps @ 1/30 sec.

Image upscaled 150% Taken at 11.09pm.

space-cowboy-albums-jupiter-picture14577-1-11-27-23-09-14-castr-2500st-tutorial-150-percent-rotate.png

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
it seems everybody had great seeing last night

Of course they did... I'm out of the country and away from my scope :icon_confused:

Great capture, though, Space Cowboy. Looks like you're really getting the best out of your gear...

This is a beautiful shot. I wish I'd had the stamina to stay up long enough to get the GRS at this position but I hadn't slept well the night before so was knackered. Glad someone else got some good seeing that night. Really interesting to see how the NEB has lightened across its top edge over the past few months. Makes you wonder if this one is going to disappear next..

That's a beauty.

Do you find ninox to be better than ppmcentre?

Ninox and ppmcentre are the same program Chris :icon_confused: I'm hoping when I run this avi through ninox tonight to tease out more detail from the superior quality frame selection. Maybe use only 1000 of the best frames.

Cheers Michael!

To Neil and Clayton I was trying not to get carried away with the sharpening so may have been a tad over cautious as I want as natural an image as possible. I'm thinking ninox will produce a sharper and natural result :rolleyes:

Forgot to mention this shot was stacked in Reg 5.1 and then wavelets used in Reg 6. For some reason my new quad core pc keeps producing weird results when stacking and aligning in Reg 6....seems to be when multiple alignments are used. This image came out with weird spiral artifacts. Sometimes debayered images are b&w. Quite bizarre though Reg 5.1 works fine.

This is a beautiful shot. I wish I'd had the stamina to stay up long enough to get the GRS at this position but I hadn't slept well the night before so was knackered. Glad someone else got some good seeing that night. Really interesting to see how the NEB has lightened across its top edge over the past few months. Makes you wonder if this one is going to disappear next..

I just noticed that this morning it really has lightened..thought for a second it was my processing :icon_confused:

Archived