Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

My next project..work in progress

peter shah

I thought i would give myself a challenge....im now thinking ive bitten off more than i can chew. This has got to be the most difficult target ive attempted. Things started well then the clouds rolled in, the seeing was poor. Exposure so far was 2.5 hours lum, 1 hour red, 1hour 10mins blue and 50mins in green. Ive got to get lots more for this one.

This object just sits in the noise a nasty nasty one to image

Object: the area around VDB 9 in Cassiopeia

Thanks for looking

Peter :)

post-17181-133877696901_thumb.jpg

That's already looking awesome Peter (despite the satelites! :-)

Those AG's can pick up a heck of a lot at f3.8 in such a short time.... I guess that's a good thing on these dark nebulae!

Awesome image!!!

Ben

Thanks Ben, The AG really is a special scope....the sat trails will be sorted :)
Is this the one that clouds stopped play at midnight last night?

James

The very same, even though the seeing was poor the sky was very dark, Then things got a bit dewy and the clouds came in, i hope i get another night as clear the conditions really have to be good for this object.

It's a good start on a tricky object, Peter - this is on my to do list too nut the skies are just horrible at the moment!
I agree the skies have been rubbish....nothing new there :)
That looks very, very good already. What sort of total times have you got in mind?
At least double, but i will watch to see how it progresses.....im hoping for enough to take out the background grit

here is a tweaked version lifted slightly and without the Sat trails

post-17181-133877696938_thumb.jpg

You are getting spoiled by that hyper-fast machine of yours, Peter! For the time this has had I'd call it pretty deep and pretty smooth, bearing in mind it's one of those 'glorified background sky' objects... (I can feel a new acronym coming on, GBSO!)

It's a great pic already.

Olly

You are getting spoiled by that hyper-fast machine of yours, Peter! For the time this has had I'd call it pretty deep and pretty smooth, bearing in mind it's one of those 'glorified background sky' objects... (I can feel a new acronym coming on, GBSO!)

It's a great pic already.

Olly

That's really nice Peter. I like these dusty VDB objects; new shapes to find names for. I propose "The Tubeworms" for this one :)

Sir, you don't know the meaning of the word!

Thanksguys

I had to give this more noise reduction than i was happy with it making it look softer, im hoping the extra exposure will allow me to keep that crispness to the data......roll on another clear night

Thanks again everyone, i thouht i was going to get a chance two nights ago, but the UK weather...well you know!

Very nice indeed. Really like the dusty browns and would love to have a go but I suspect they are unobtainable from here :)

Keep up the good work!

Paul

These dark nebulae need good conditions no moon and a dark site and a long exposure, but this one even more so than any of the others ive tried ive found it tough.

Ive updated this pic, reprocessed and added extra RGB frames which i have also combined with the Luminance. It has brought out a little more reflection and defined the 'neck' and i havent had to give it as much noise reduction. I think the difference is much more evident in the full-res version.

A shame the weather didnt hold out, i would have spent all night o this one.....im fed upwith this one i think its time to move on to another.

astropix.co.uk

Archived