NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hello all

JBadger

Just to introduce myself:

I'm Joe, I live in Gwent near the Powys border. Astronomy has been one of my interests since I was a kid but its only as an adult that I've had the funds to really get involved but even then other hobbies have take precedence.

I'm mostly interested in planetary observing and I do like a bit of DSO observing too. I'm not really into imaging although I do have a pile of DSLR stuff from my time as an amateur photographer so no doubt I'll try my hand at some point.

Scopewise, I've got a 5" f/5 newt on a GEM and I've just ordered a 12" Dob. Apologies in advance for the inevitable clouds this will cause.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Joe, welcome to SGL. The cloud effect falls off with distance, so I'm not worried. Here in the desert, clouds are a rare event. Kids point up and say "Hey Mom, what's that white puffy thing in the sky?". One reason I left the UK.

Eric

Archived