NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

hi all

scoob-1979

would just like to say what a brill forum this is and hello to all you fellow stargazers. this is my first post here but i'm sure many will follow.

just wondering if any1 been looking at neptune and/or uranus these last couple of days and had any success. i'm all set up with my sky-watcher 8" BKP2001HEQ5 and meade etx 70 but won't be venturing out til 10pm (ish), just wondering what sort of results i'm likely to get?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

thanx Damian got the scope very cheap (£150) off a friend that doesn't have a clue just need to save now for some motors.

will try and find them 2nite but thank u for your input as i won't be too dissappointed now i've got idea of much i'll see

cheers

Hello and welcome

Neptune and Uranus don't exactly jump out of the eyepiece with detail.

I personally have never seen any detail on Uranus, and Neptunes tiny disc does show some limb darkening but little else........so far.

Good luck with your observations, and please post any detail you manage to observe.

Regards Steve

Archived