Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Major OMG moment

Angelika

Tonite is a beautiful clear dark night and so out I went to do a little universe sight seeing. I recently bought two filters for nebula viewing and I wanted to try them out. I started in the Big Dipper. First place I found was M 108, edge-on galaxy. It looked exactly as Stellarium showed it would, except not quite as detailed. I was quite pleased with the find non the less. It looked pretty impressive to me. Then on to the Owl nebula, using the OIII filter. It was pretty cool, I wasn't sure if I was seeing the eyes, but I think I'll go with yes . I was waiting for the Big Dipper to get a bit higher in the sky so I could find the Whirlpool galaxy (I have alot of trees in my neighborhood) so in the meantime I swung east and got a magnificient view of Orion. Well since I was in that neighborhood I thought I should take a peek at the Orion Nebula. I think my jaw hit the deck. All I could say, and I did say it out loud, was Oh my God. That is spectacular, it just blew me away. I just gazed at it for quite some time. This by itself makes cold toes and fingers definately worth while. Now that I'm warmed up, I think I'll mosey on out again and watch the meteor shower. I hope you all had as good an evening as I've had.

i cant wait to see it as well with my cpc 9.25, have only viewed it through a 6" before that was good should be quite a different beast going on other nebulas i have seen through this.have read a lot of good reports about uhc filters i think this is next on the list

Archived