Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

isn't switching between 1.25/2 inch eps annoying?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In my view you need to spend a good few minutes with an EP to get the meat out of what it can show. A purist would say ten minutes or twenty...

If this is the case, sorting the adapter reduces to a non problem. I would do less changing and remember Stephen O'Meara's great line, Seeing begins with seeing.

Olly

I don't mind switching. the main problem is when you go light to heavy or vice versa, especially with e.g. a light slow dob. balancing can be a nightmare.

I'm with Olly though. spend some time looking once you have found the best magnification for the object.

I don't mind switching. the main problem is when you go light to heavy or vice versa, especially with e.g. a light slow dob. balancing can be a nightmare.

I'm with Olly though. spend some time looking once you have found the best magnification for the object.

agreed,its all to easy just give things a quick glance and then move on to the next object

I have an Antares 1.6x 2" barlow. At 270 grams it's the lightest 2" barlow I've tried and optically excellent. Used with my 8mm and 6mm Ethos eyepieces I get 5mm and 3.75mm 100 degree eyepieces - I can't afford 2 more Ethos :)

That's why I use those long magnetic knife holders. I can slide the counterweight up and down the scope to find the balance point without taking my eye from the eyepiece. Simples:)

Regards Steve

Archived