Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

How was it for you?

geppetto

Well, it would seem that winter has gone and spring is here.

Question is, did you get some good black winter skies with crisp cold seeing?

Hardly any here looking at my scribbles, possibly five at best.

Clearest skies here were around full moon time each month (real not imaginary) which as a bonus

gave good viewing of the eclipse.

Not really got a "snappy" look at Saturn yet and M42 hasn't really stood up to the

naked eye views I got a couple of winters back.

Suppose I'll best remember this winter as a "grab n' go" rather than a "setup and stay out" season.

Anyway, fingers crossed for some clear summer skies :)

Watch out for those Thermals, Eagles, Buzzards, and the like spend ages looking for them, and then spend hours more, just gliding about in them :) :)

Ooh-er, not sure if there'd be room for em Frank :) heheh, but I'll watch out all the same :D

Hope you get off the NS soon PF2k.

Dissapointing winter really... the eclipse and conjunction nights made up for it though.

In a way, my hardcore observing and imaging nights start now but BST is back with us from this weekend. Like most of us, as soon as we hit end of April in to May I am in to very late night viewing, which in turn restricts me to weekends and nights before bank holidays only :)

Oh what a wonderful hobby :)

I had 2 great nights out there over the winter months, one was when there was no moon, so explored many DSO's

The other was eclipse night.

Not alot really. The winter sky disappointed me to be fair. I'm looking forward to the spring sky to go fuzzy hunting mind.

Summer is getting closer! M13, 27 and 37! And of cause NLCs!

Kain

Archived