Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Pluto Animation

Took these two frames on 23rd and 24th July, composed of 10x5s subs each. Deep in the Sagittarius Milky Way at nearly -19 deg. declination, Pluto is almost lost amongst the stars! The field is cropped to about 0.25deg.

(I had to think twice which section to post this in :))

Thanks for looking,

Rob.

rob_jn-albums-rob-s-images-picture12491-pluto-animation-july-2011.gif

Great stuff, this is kind of astrophotography I think I will be heading too. Got bored with doing again and again same popular DS objects. Want to do something different, and I think taking this kind of astrophotography (+ small comets, asteroids, variable stars, something else?) will be the way of doing it.

Great stuff, this is kind of astrophotography I think I will be heading too. Got bored with doing again and again same popular DS objects. Want to do something different, and I think taking this kind of astrophotography (+ small comets, asteroids, variable stars, something else?) will be the way of doing it.

A bit of fun but it's nice to do this sort of thing, very easy to do without all the hassle of long exposures/guiding etc. Asteroids are nice to follow and measure their positions in Astrometrica, it's amazing how accurate you can get. Add spectroscopy to the list using a Staranalyser grating, a bit of a learning curve but another pursuit where acquiring the images isn't too time consuming.

Rob

Archived