NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

My new set up....

Doc

Nice one Mick, we'll have to do a side by side at the dark site, your rig with Watec and my 127 with mintron.

Phil

Now that would be interesting Phil, can't wait.

Just have to sort out what leads and power supply I will need now.

That looks a great setup Mick. It's one seriously chunky refractor.

And the counterweights with the white insert....is that home mod or is that how they are supplied now? Looks good which ever.

Now that would be interesting Phil, can't wait.

Just have to sort out what leads and power supply I will need now.

The Watec will come with a mains to 12V psu so if you want to run it from a battery its a simple enough job to knock a lead up.

You can then feed the compound video direct into a telly or a dvd recorder. I have used a small 5" BW Maplins battery CRT telly for years and its actually quite good having decent adjustment for contrast brightness etc

If you want to feed it into you laptop take a look on ebay and get a cheapo usb video capture thingy/dongle:D then connect the Watec to your lappy/betbook running one of the many free astro video capture programms around.

Philj

Archived