Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Can I believe my eyes?...

Vicky

...Is this looking like its going to be a clear night? I've been teased and taunted before but looking up right about now is looking promising :hello2: I'm only here because it isn't dark yet!

Fingers crossed, best wishes and clear skies!

Vicky

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cant wait to get the Skywatcher out tonight, its been sitting there, unused and feeling sorry for it self.

Its still pretty light out and its blumming 21.55 :hello2: I got work in the morning

Looking good here but alas I'm up at 4.00am to get on to the M25

Closest I'll get to an M number!

haha clever one, like it.

Same here, setup in garden, iPad to view the forum with radio on, waiting for Polaris to appear so can polar align, Vega already out so first of my alignment stars is available.. Love evenings like this. Oh, and wine.

Looking good here but alas I'm up at 4.00am to get on to the M25

Closest I'll get to an M number!

That made me chuckle Doug :hello2:

Sorry to hear about those early starts- I have 'ironing' :D to do before I can join the scope- I might just set myself up outside, its such a lovely night- watch the sun going down. I might as well use my waiting time usefully...

I suspect it could be about night 10ish with my scope. I've seen Saturn, a beautiful couple of moons, M13 and the ring nebula- so what's next? I've got a few ideas but I'd love suggestions for something not to hard to find with the dob would be great, pretty please : ) How tough is M81/2 for a newbie?

Best wishes,

Vicky

Same here, setup in garden, iPad to view the forum with radio on, waiting for Polaris to appear so can polar align, Vega already out so first of my alignment stars is available.. Love evenings like this. Oh, and wine.

Ah! Wine! Might just have a tipple myself- that's what I was missing! You must be further south than me Simms, no sign of Vega here...yet...

I hope your back is better soon Slangers.

Spotted ISS and managed to see it disappear into the Earth's shadow right over in the low S/E sky- I love seeing ISS- this was my third time- appears and disappears like magic :hello2: Great timing for a heads up Sean! Thanks again :D

Tired here after this heat, so binos, a hammock and a nice bottle of red.

Won't be dark enough for long enough for some imaging I want to try anyway but I'm not worried, learnt a long time ago that there will always be another clear night :hello2:

Cheers

Ian

I'm with you all. Had family over today so I'm slightly tipsy. 2 bottles of white wine, half a bottle of red and 2 guinness. Got one left can but just had a nose at Saturn and could make out a moon through my baby sized 4" newt.

Kids asleep.

Wife asleep.

I'm wide awake and now staring at Vega shouting "get dark, get dark!" Internally, of course.

:-)

Here's to clear skies tonight,

Cheers,

Paul

Got the scope out cooling and the skies are not looking too bad. I'm retired now so no work tomorrow thank goodness. I'm going to try for the supernova in M51 tonight - it's 1.5 mags brighter than when I last spotted it :hello2:

Well, I'm just gonna try and find a DSO tonight. There are evading me like no-one's business. I'm not using GOTO, you see. I'm sure I'll get there eventually and see a faint fuzzy blob in my eyepiece.

One day, one day...

The joy of being new to all this....

:hello2:

Its clouded over here.. oh well, np DSP for me either PNB- I'm without GOTO as well but considering a setting circle and angle gauge, perhaps when I get a bit more practice in and a few more nights under my belt.

I'm gonna leave the scope out there while I do that ironing I;m supposed to have finished and then maybe pop out afterwards.

It was fun while it lasted but I'm not too good at navigation if a partially clear sky, I must try harder!

Hope you got some observing done :hello2:

Archived