Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Counter weight protection

Veracocha

Just had my counterweight professionally resprayed so thought it wise to add some protection. Stops them chipping and sliding around the boot when in transit. Cut up a motorcycle inner tube and stretched it over (took some doing) but worth it.

veracocha-albums-veracocha-picture11792-rubber-up.jpg

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That is an excellent idea !!!

I take it that you put the tube on so that the counterweights are in a position that would usually be the cross section of the inflated tube? (not sure how to describe this better...)

As already said, great idea & very neat. I can almost imagine the comedy scene of actually trying to stretch them over! Did you manage to fire one across the room? :-)

Where did you get your weights re sprayed? Mine are pretty badly chipped and could do with the same

Stu

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

That is an excellent idea !!!

I take it that you put the tube on so that the counterweights are in a position that would usually be the cross section of the inflated tube? (not sure how to describe this better...)

Correct. From one inner tube I could cover probably thirty or more weights.

As already said, great idea & very neat. I can almost imagine the comedy scene of actually trying to stretch them over! Did you manage to fire one across the room? :-)

Where did you get your weights re sprayed? Mine are pretty badly chipped and could do with the same

Stu

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Tapatalk

Thanks everyone for the positive comments. It was a right game stretching it over. Luckily the inner tube has a chalky lining so I got there in the end.

I took the weights to a body shop and for £20 they were done in a couple of hours.

• 3 weeks later...

Daz, I don't recall the actual size but I went into a superbike centre and asked for the biggest innertube they had. It was £9.99 if that helps. Whatever, it's a struggle to get them on. I did another set today and it saves on a subscription at the gym. I'll be doing them at Peak Star Party if anyone wants them doing. I have sent six sets out tomember on here but I'm all out now.

Daz, I don't recall the actual size but I went into a superbike centre and asked for the biggest innertube they had. It was £9.99 if that helps. Whatever, it's a struggle to get them on. I did another set today and it saves on a subscription at the gym. I'll be doing them at Peak Star Party if anyone wants them doing. I have sent six sets out tomember on here but I'm all out now.

lol!!

Cheers - will go find a bike shop!

I just did mine this afternoon. I got an inner tube from ebay for £5.75 + £2.99 postage....

400/450-19 MOTORCYCLE INNER TUBE on eBay (end time 17-Jul-11 10:21:56 BST)

They're 4.50/5.10 18". The first bit is the cross-section diameter of the tube which is the significant part for this application. These seemed to fit ok and weren't too hard to get on. You could go smaller as long as you have strong fingers, but any bigger and I think they'd be too loose.

• 3 months later...

Archived