SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Counter weight protection

Veracocha

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can John. Just been out and got another one. here's the details, I will confirm later when I stretch another two over my weights again.

GBC Motorsports 350/400 x 18.

I was presented with a bigger size but I know this one is a neat/tight fir.

I'm the newest member to the Veracocha appreciation society. Wanted to say a BIG THANK YOU to Mick for sorting me out some inner tube so that I could have a go at this little mod.

They say the simplest solutions are often the best and this is no exception. Besides what a total plonka I must have looked trying to get the tube on the weight, the job is now done and I couldn't have been more thankful to Mick for his help and coming up with the idea in the first place. For me it's not only going to save both me and the weights getting bashed but the rubber grips to a degree meaning I should no longer have weights deciding to roll off the decking.

While at first you'd think how the hell am I going to get that little piece of inner tube on that big weight it dose with a little bit persuasion it finally finds it's way on. Although with Man flu already running a temperature I was sweating buckets after only doing one so my other weights will have to wait.

GREAT IDEA MICK AND THANKS FOR SHARING!!!:):icon_salut:;)

Mick had already cut the tube to 75mm 'ish (thank you again) and I just banged that straight on which fits fine on the CG weight. If what I have read is correct a EQ5/ CG5 weight is 5 - 5.1KG and EQ6 is 5.2KG ????? not much in it but either way the fit should be good if you cut anywhere between 70-80mm depending how much of the weight face you want protected.

I do think it's worth the effort putting them on when your getting such a nice tight fit. Whether I will be saying this when I get around to doing my EQ6 weights is another story :) I'm thinking it might pay putting the strips in warm to hot water for several minutes just to loosen the rubber up a bit. It will soon contract once it cools down.

• 2 months later...

Congratulations from me too. I'm about 3-4 months behind with reading AN, so hadn't noticed it yet. I did however finally get around to fitting the inner tube bits onto my counterweights last weekend. Doesn't look half as nice as yours because my counterweights are black. ;-)

How did you manage to get published? Did you contact AN or did they find it here?

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry guys, missed this thread. Thanks for the encouragement. AN asked for suggestions of home grown mods so I contacted them back in October last year. I had no idea it was going to be published until I saw the article.

Archived