Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Contact.

barkis

I'm sitting by a gentleman who likes feisty blondes, so he'll be pleased to watch Jodie Foster this afternoon! :p:D

Ian's lapping up this sci-fi.

He's got a packet of Minstrels and his feet up.

And apparently Jodie Foster is still "a terrific actress." ;)

Dunno why I ever bought the dvd of Contact. Jodie foster in a spinning ball meets up with her expired dad on a beach in space? Not exactly flipping my lid here lol.

Now real sci fi is more the likes of Bladerunner, Outland, Logans Run, Total Recall etc lol :D

A (similar, late father obsessed?) GF "dumped" me just after watching it. :p

Somehow a connection Sagan between and religious drivel doesn't immediately spring. [teasing]

The "effects" were good? But the film quite an "adaptation" of the original. :D

Tron? Pah! - now that WAS drivel ....

Each to their own. Always had a fondness for TRON. The amount of invention & innovation in that movie is amazing. The whole modern visual effects industry owes a debt to 2001, Star Wars & TRON.

Well the film was not up to the book! I thoroughly enjoyed the audio book and would recommend it to anyone with an interest in astronomy and sci fi.

As to sci-fi films, well each to there own.Some films people love I hate and vice versa in fact I'm starting a new thread :)

Archived