A more careful Triplet.

ollypenrice

I've just set up a new processing suite with multiple screens, more room and better light. For a try out I reprocessed last month's Leo Triplet which I did in a bit of a hurry first time around and I think it is a bit cleaner this time. It could do with more time on the colour but I will probably leave that to next year.

TEC140, Atik 4000 mono.

Olly

LEO-TRIPLET-in-TEC140-X2.jpg

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Certain looks good to me...

multi monitor setup certainly help .. leaving a clear screen for the edit pane... I do end up loosing the odd toolbar from time with some apps as they dont properly revert to a single screen setup or recofiguring the "desktop"...

:o:D POW... its going to need a panel of judges this week .... This is stunning... any chance of seeing the actual galaxies cropped at 100%?

;)

Sure, this link should do it; Galaxies - ollypenrice's Photos

The screens do look a little different still but I can play with their settings. The main thing is to get the tools off the image when processing. And also (very important!!) I need helpful Harry on one screen and PixInsight on the other when trying to get my little noddle round the processes of PI!

Thanks all for the kind remarks. The new processing room has no natural light, which is brilliant because round here the sunlight is so strong and variable that it makes the screen look different every time you come back to it.

Olly

And also (very important!!) I need helpful Harry on one screen and PixInsight on the other when trying to get my little noddle round the processes of PI!

Im not the only one who does that then ;)

Each time I forget which button to press in PI..

Hi Olly

Fantastic detail in them galaxys , I envy your steady air :D

I am not quite sure about the blue stars seem a bit white in the middle :o

Regards Harry

p.s. must get myself a helpful harry as this one also forgets things ;)

Archived