Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Scope on order :)

Vicky

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Huzzah! Its a great feeling isn't it?

They are such perfect scopes, without even considering the stonking price tag!

If you need to ask any questions, however silly you may think you will always find friendly people on here ;)

Thanks Adam ;)

The forum seems so friendly, I expect I will have lots of questions. I think the various discussions about the telescope have helped me to decide the best one for me- but we shall see!

Hi Tom,

I'm sure it'll be worth it in time. I bet its exciting waiting for dark to arrive on the first few nights ;) It was raining here last night- I suspect its due to all these new astro-peeps :o

Let me know how you get on- I'd love to hear how the first few nights observing goes! (that might tide me over til I get mine :D

Best wishes,

Vicky

Hi Vicky

A very warm welcome to the SGL and congratulations on your choice of scope

you will have lots of fun with it, you will be ofter eyepieces next :-)

Doug

Essex UK

Hi Tom,

I'm sure it'll be worth it in time. I bet its exciting waiting for dark to arrive on the first few nights :o It was raining here last night- I suspect its due to all these new astro-peeps :D

Let me know how you get on- I'd love to hear how the first few nights observing goes! (that might tide me over til I get mine :o

Best wishes,

Vicky

I´m limited to weekends and it´s been great seeing most weeks except the weekends.This weekend is going to be bad so I´m sure you´ll have many hours observing under your belt before me.

I hope you´ll be out enjoying your scope soon.

good luck

Tom ;)

Hi Vicky,

I hope you get clear skies. I just got a new scope, but have been unable to use it, due to a fault in the motor control in the mount. I got a replacement today, after 2 weeks of negotiations with the vendor.

Unfortunately, I missed some cracking nights viewing. I found myself kicking myself for not getting a Dob... I have mixed feelings about depending on technology to point my telescope for me. (I know you can get goto Dobs, btw.) :-)

Archived