SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Keep an eye to the North if you're clear tonight ...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Steve for the initial heads up...

It was well worth the short drive up into the hills.. I could probably have got better shots If I had gone up to Cray Reservoir in the Brecon Beacons but the show looked like it was going to be over pretty quickly and I wanted to check out the view from the Windfarm...

It's headed well North now...

Peter...

Yes, it didn't last very long with us.  So we are back trying to warm up!  First time I've seen them in UK, so pleased.  (And while the display was small in comparison to the ones we saw in Norway at least this time it was possible to take some proper photos - proved just about impossible from the back of a moving boat :rolleyes:  )

Thanks Steve for the heads' up :smile:

Helen

Only just seen this thread. Thanks for the heads up.

Nothing visible here and although somewhat obstructed, my northward horizon is my darker one.

I think I have a high thin cloud layer. Not the best conditions.

I'll check again later in case it brightens again.

Only just seen this thread. Thanks for the heads up.

Nothing visible here and although somewhat obstructed, my northward horizon is my darker one.

I think I have a high thin cloud layer. Not the best conditions.

I'll check again later in case it brightens again.

This is one of the sites to keep an eye on.... earlier the southerly edge was over the North of England...

http://www.aurora-service.eu/aurora-forecast/

I was walking the dog at 9:30 and saw a brilliant display off the north coast here in Portstewart, N Ireland. Really well defined ribbons and a pillar/curtain almost reaching UMa. Clearly visible even under street lights. I headed for a darker location but the display faded to a pale green glow behind some low cloud.

I only saw it for about 5 minutes, but I don't know how long it had been going before I arrived. First time I've seen it from here.

Noel

Archived