SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

First light from new Tak FSQ85

Purchased from Astrofest last month, finally got it mounted on the EQ6 Pro last weekend. Last night was nice and clear despite the gibbous moon looming overhead, so decided to go for an ha run. This is a combination of 14 x 10 minutes in ha, taken with the new FSQ85 with reducer and Atik 460EX, processed in Pixinsight. All comments welcomed.

Dave and Zoe

post-26103-0-38094100-1425326505_thumb.p

Looks good from here - Great processing and a good capture of the faint stuff. I didn't realise that the Rosette fitted that chip and scope combo - I'll add it to my list for next year! 

Well done :)

Thank you all for your kind replies. Gav, it wasn't a great deal, but any money off is worth having at the end of the day!

Have I ever mentioned that I rather like the FSQ85???  :grin:  :grin:  :grin:

Good, aren't they! Most scopes have a rival but this one just doesn't. No 80 (ish) mm scope gets near it. Fast, flat, sharp and sweet to use. 

Very nice Rosette showing no signs of the overprocessing into which PI tempts so many people. That's just lovely.

So... good start, n'est-ce pas?

Olly

Very nice first image,  I also got the FSQ85 and its brill.

Have you got the reducer too?

I not decided weather to get it or not yet.

good luck with new telescope

Paul J

What a nice capture. You must be very pleased with your scope. So much detail and dustiness.

Love the framing too. It's nice to see the object in its entirety.

Well done

Nico & Carly

Thank you everyone- yes, we have the reducer, this image was taken using it. It is lovely to have so many nice replies :)

Archived