Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Saturn April 7th/8th

Space Cowboy

You managed way more detail than I managed last night, good work. After a quick process of the AVIs I captured I just deleted all the files!

What time did you capture this one?

Cheers,

Chris

Thanks guys! That one was taken 12.10am and it's the only avi I did at 1/25 shutter all the rest were 1/33.

This is another quick process taken at 12.41am...not quite got colour balance right yet.

All done with spc900 and auto Dob not skymax 127 lol.

space-cowboy-albums-saturn-picture10368-cratlerlet-capture-saturn-april-7th-0008-castr.png

Your imaging is going from strength to strength Stuart. similar to what i got on this night. yet im using a DMK and have a eq6. Colours a bit off. experiance will improve that. could try going on to image analyzer, and going on to colour balance, click one of the settings to get to the luminence sliders, raise the the lum a bit. its hard adjusting the colour sometimes. if at capture its off. But the detail, is really coming along. im most impressed with what you are achieving lately

Cheers James & Ben! Thanks Neil I've managed to get a better colour balance using rgb luminance and then rgb auto balance in registax. I've basically lowered blue too much during capture. Conditions were fantastically transparent on this night and had the seeing been consistent I could have got something really special. Thankfully there were bits of decent seeing in between the boiling jelly.

Here is a colour version of the b&w image upscaled 125%

space-cowboy-albums-saturn-picture10394-saturn-april-7th-0004-castr-1400-st-rgb-lum-good-colour-125-resize-flip-decon.png

Great result, I can see the progress you are making with yoru technique. Don't be discouraged, the seeing conditions have been very poor recently and this dominates image quality once you have a reasonable capture and processing routine.

keep up the good work

regards

Peter

Archived