SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Hi from Bergen op Zoom, Holland

Chris16373

Hello,

my name is Christian and last year I bought a Fuji Finepix 2000HD. With it's optical zoom 15x I really started to photograph the moon and found out that it was amazing to see and do. So now I ordered a Celestron Astromaster 114EQ and it will arrive next week (ordered from Amazon.co.uk).

I ordered a moonfilter with it so I am really anxious to get started next week.

So now I have all the pre-fun (reading, reading, reading :)) and signing up here...I will let my first experiences know here as soon as I tested it.

Looks very great here with a lot of very usefull info!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Christian,

Welcome to SGL :)

For astro-photography you'll find the book Making Every Photon Count, by SGL's very own steppenwolf, helpful in getting started. It's full of advice aimed at the imaging novice, including choosing the right equipment, tips 'n' tricks and lots of other vital stuff.

Yes, the imaging section is full of experienced, talented folk who, I'm sure, will be more than happy to share advice and guidance with you.

It's already a warm welcome! And yes, my scope arrived this afternoon and after an hour it was assembled . The whole day pretty good weather (some clouds) and guess what? It was getting dark and clouds and rain came in (even a small thunderstorm now)....D*mn ;-)

Archived