Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Greetings from Essex..

caerus_sam

Hello everyone.!

I'm Sam and I live in Essex. Ever since I was a small lad, I've always looked up at the sky and been amazed and awestruck. In my spare time, I'm an avid aviation and railway photographer, but recently I've taken a bigger interest in Astrophotograhy. I'm starting out very basic until I can afford a telescope. I use a Canon EOS-400D and f/3.5-5.6 18-55mm & f/4.5-5.6 55-200mm kit lenses, although the latter is never really used, and I primarily shoot wide-field images. A couple of my better attempts included the Big Dipper, Cassiopeia & Leo..

Big Dipper from my back garden: 6 second exposure, 18mm @ f/3.5, ISO 1600

dipperm.jpg

Cassiopeia, again from my back garden: 8 second exposure, 55mm @ f/5.6, ISO1600

cassiopeia.jpg

Leo from a local country park: 10 second exposure, 18mm @ f/3.5, ISO 1600

leose.jpg

Be gentle with the criticism.!

I won't bore you anymore, but thank you for getting this far.!

Best Wishes,

Sam.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Sam and welcome to the forum, nice pics! :)

You will find a great bunch of people in the forum who can offer lots of help and advice on all things to do with astronomy, I hope you get as much out of it as I have.

You may find that you get a much better response to your photos if you post them in the Imaging section of the forum, this section is the welcome section to say hi and introduce yourself. Don't worry though, your not the first and you certainly won't be the last to post in the wrong section. I've done it myself a few times and only realised when I wondered why I was getting no or little response to my post. :)

Clear skies! :D

Mark

hi and welcome , the bottom pic ,right hand side middle theres two stars this side of the tree should they not be behind or is that a bit of artistic flare lol looks good wish mine were even close to these

must be a glitch in the matrix, lol looks a bit strange,but still 100 times better than i could do but they still seem to be this side of the tree and not the back and behind the branchs not in front crazy

must be a glitch in the matrix, lol looks a bit strange,but still 100 times better than i could do but they still seem to be this side of the tree and not the back and behind the branchs not in front crazy

That is most unusual. I'll take a closer look at some of the other images I shot at the time.

Thanks you for the continuing greeting's.! Glad to see some "Locally" Essex based Astro-nut photographer's/enthusiasts on the forum.

Hi Sam,

Welcome to the forum :D

The imaging section is full of experienced, talented folk who, I'm sure, will be more than happy to share advice and guidance with you.

You might also find the book Making Every Photon Count, by SGL's very own steppenwolf, helpful.

Easy to read, full of useful stuff and already on its 2nd edition, here's a review.

Once again, Thank You for the continuing welcome.! It will probably take some time to figure out how to get things rolling with a 'scope Isabelle, but with the wealth of experience in the SGL, I'm sure I can't go wrong.!

Archived