Hello to fellow Astronomers

ChelseaTony

A big hello to everyone1! I would just like to introduce myself...

I have been dabbling in Astronomy since late 1990. I started off with a 4" Vixen refractor as my goal was planetary observation. After about 8 months I traded this in at BC&F in London & bought a Celestron C8 Starbright. My goal was Astrophotography & obtained some good results. I then decided to up the anti about a year later & purchased a Vixen Atlux 152 ED Refractor. I still own both instruments to this day but my use of them over the last 15 years has been very minimal so have decided to pinch 'myself myself' & get back into the hobby again.

Fortunately I never sold anything along the way so still have all my eyepieces (Tel Vue) also a University 32mm 2" wide scan(£250 in 1992!). The views through the Atlux with this eyepiece are awesome. So now I will invest in a cheap CCD imager & will post the results here for scrutiny later this year.

It will be nice to here from other members along the way, after all that's what we are here for!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Tony and welcome to the forum.

Imaging has certainly changed over the last couple of years and what's achievable now is certainly breathtaking so you have certainly rejoined at the right time. You'll be please to hear that most of the stars are still where you left them.

Clear skies and look forward to seeing your images!

James

Archived