Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

First Saturn - 4.3.2011

Around 21:50 last night I slewed the 'scope around as Saturn was up over the horizon for me and... oh. my. gosh... :) This is the first time I have observed Saturn and it did not disappoint. Even sitting in the LP haze form the edge of Birmingham it still looked beautiful. I had my eye stuck to the eyepiece for at least 30 mins just staring at it with a big grin on my face. Finally I went to fetch the webcam.

This is my first attempt at imaging, this one was the best of what I have processed so far in Registax. Focus was a little off still, but I'm pleased with the result so far :p

5498436067_5e107880f9_d.jpg5498436067

Looking good. I also intended to snap Saturn yesterday but I was waiting for pre-dawn when it's high in the sky - and by then the weather had turned. This teaches me a lesson in being less time picky...

I had my eye stuck to the eyepiece for at least 30 mins just staring at it with a big grin on my face. Finally I went to fetch the webcam.5498436067

He he I don't think that anyone forgets that feeling :) Nice job on the first shot, as you say the focus might be off a little. You could try a bahtinov mask on a bright star before next time.

Great image RTD. Last night was also my first attempt at Saturn with a web cam so I'm hope mine comes out as well as yours. I'm only up the rd from you and found the seeing above average given the relatively poor transparency.

Keep up the good work.

SPACEBOY

Archived