NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

A few "astroscapes"

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh stop it.. the 17-40 f4L and 5DMKIII in your hands are producing amazing images...

All superb but if pushed...its the wind turbine ones that I like the best cant decide between them ... it looks like the sweep of the blades has caught hold of the clouds... really works for me :glasses1:

I am just working out what body parts to sell to get the 24-105 f4L ....

Billy...

Oh stop it.. the 17-40 f4L and 5DMKIII in your hands are producing amazing images...

All superb but if pushed...its the wind turbine ones that I like the best cant decide between them ... it looks like the sweep of the blades has caught hold of the clouds... really works for me :glasses1:

I am just working out what body parts to sell to get the 24-105 f4L ....

Billy...

Funny that ,my wife said the same thing about the clouds.

24-105,very nice lens, definately worth a body part:evil6:Had a loan of one a while back.I did give it back too,honest.

Oh stop it.. the 17-40 f4L and it looks like the sweep of the blades has caught hold of the clouds... really works for me :glasses1:

Billy...

That's exactly the first thought I had when I looked at the image.

As usual, excellent pics S5. Thanks for sharing. :)

The last one is the best for me. :)

And Hicksville not only has a really cool name, it also looks like a really nice place.....I must go and see it some time. :o

Thanks Simon,jeez i forgot i put Hicksville on there for a laugh one day.Better change it to its proper Inuit name of 'Permaraincloudvik':clouds2:

Thanks for your comments folks,you'll get a break from my astroscapes for a while,the dreaded 12 hour shifts have started again,on days just now but in 2 weeks i start nights so knowing my luck everyone be prepared for clear skies and big aurora displays while i'm persueing the art of cnc milling.:) Should be finished just in time for June.

Ok, I have no real clue as to how you achieved an image quality like that?! Most of the images I have seen are of DSO under large amounts of magnification. These shots are just stunning, as has been said very 'otherworldly' and evocative.

Gets my vote as the finest images of the heavens I have ever seen, If I could have a print of image number 2 on my wall I would stare at it all day :rolleyes:

Archived