NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

AG12 First Light Test Image

peter shah

I know its not strictly first light as i did a star test the other night, but its a test first image with the AG12

There are a couple of things i need to tweak, but all in a pretty good result i think.

2x ten mins in Ha (the moon was hanging overhead)and a single 30 sec for the core.

any comments welcome

cheers peter

post-17181-133877532731_thumb.jpg

post-17181-133877532744_thumb.jpg

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Oh yes! That is wonderful.

Just checking Peter, that was the first of your wife's kidney's that you've sold wasn't it?

cheers martin...BTW how many does she have? ....the first was when i got the AG8...... i wondered why i haven had an ear bending for a few days now.....Lol

That's alot of quality signal for just 20½ minute of exposure time! What camera are you using? & what's the size of the image circle in the AG12, are flats needed with your chip to compensate for vignetting?

Can't wait to see more!

Best regards

Jonas

Quite incredible, really took my breath away.

Would be interested to see the difference for the same target and other instruments (with presumably limited processing)

There are plenty of example M42 is onen of the most photographed objects...as for the processing i just used ron wodaski's standard curve and thats it really same with the core and pasted it in....no darks
That's alot of quality signal for just 20½ minute of exposure time! What camera are you using? & what's the size of the image circle in the AG12, are flats needed with your chip to compensate for vignetting?

Can't wait to see more!

Best regards

Jonas

The scope is an f3.8, so lots of signal, te camera is a starlight xpress H35 full format sensor....im using 48mm filters and there is a little vignetting soflats are a must
Looking good Peter! Those star points are very sharp - it's a cracker.

I forsee some beauties coming from this over the next few weeks.

The ag8 is mounted but awaiting first light.......

Regards

Rob

great..i hope it traveled well and you wont have to mess with collimation...we'll soon see i guess...im a little sad about having to sell it...you have a real nice bit of kit there, ill look forward to some images

Archived