Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

went to a shop i stockport!!!

:Dyes i went to stock port bins and scopes,, having got there the big guy was more worried about he heat of the shop than any helpful advice,,,i was more enthusiastic than him,,, the sky watcher for £130 was possibly better than the heritage 130 dob,, u no the one ,,

Steve phoned me with info and good words about my recent bins query,,, trust me , if u want advice use Flo,, the sky watcher on a tripod would of been better for me ,,plus its recommended by the SKY AY NIGHT,I'm guessing they know there stuff

Helios 10 x 50 bins for £75.. YER I PAYED THAT OFF THEM

sound like a salesman for stevie's FLO

I SAY FLO ARE BETTER PRICED WITH HONEST ADVICE,,

ANY CHANCE OF BUYING SHARES THERE STEVEY BOY LOL

plus i cant understand what Patrick Moore says,, , shh

its not ageism at all ,, Brian cox please take to the stage

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Patrick Moore may be a bit difficult to understand at times, but to be quite honest, after everything he's done for amateur astronomy over many many years, he deserves to present Sky At Night for as long as he want's too. Sadly, the time will come one day when he is no longer able to do it, at which time I'm sure Brian Cox would make a wonderful presenter of the programme if he wanted to do it. Don't forget there are also co-presenters of the programme already to do a wonderful job. Until then, let's give Patrick Moore the respect and support that he so richly deserves.

Amen

Gents (and ladies) as I pointed out 'No offence'. I do not want this turn into one of those threads were every body slates the OP (who started with a big smiley) but I genuinely had to read it several times to make sense of it and I found it, personally, amusing that someone could complain of not understanding others. I think I am getting old and do not have the patience to understand all this text speak. I remember when it was all fab, cool and far out and.................... you get my drift.;)

Russburslem, I should imagine that the shop was very cold and working in there may have taken its toll on them and hence the lack of enthusiasm. ;)

And one bit of advice, do not slate Mr Moore as he is worshipped on this group.:)

Respect with tongue firmly in cheek.

Dave Galvin.

Without trying to offend anyone, am I the only one of the right age group that remembers Sir Patrick Moore as the Gamemaster?? :)

In regards to the OP, I understood it okay. I think the main confusion comes by the fact there isn't any full stops in it. Russ, dude, keep off the sugar mate. ;)

Dazz

Without trying to offend anyone, am I the only one of the right age group that remembers Sir Patrick Moore as the Gamemaster?? ;)

Dazz

I am far too young to remember a TV programme which reviewed the latest computer games and then had Sir Patrick at the end of the show answering viewers questions and giving tips on how to complete levels........:)

Sir Patrick as Gamesmaster and Dominik Diamond as presenter (1992-98 it turns out),good lord i'd forgotton all about that,come to think of it i wonder if Sir Patick wishes he and everyone else would.

Anyone heard any comments from the great man re his stint as gamesmaster?

Anyway but on topic no offence russburslem but thats how my nephews text and talk come to think of it so perhaps compared to us old gits your not that old so deep breath and slow down mate please ;):)

^^^ or were too busy enjoying a life to be glued to a show about 'gaming'...

That's entirely possible. Most of my twenties seem to be a blur these days, so I'm not certain. Actually, most of my life seems a blur these days, my twenties just more than most :)

James

That's entirely possible. Most of my twenties seem to be a blur these days, so I'm not certain. Actually, most of my life seems a blur these days, my twenties just more than most ;)

James

Me too, but I seem to believe (*faith*), that I enjoyed my 20s & 30s to the full, my 40s too actually (thus far). I do hope that my 50s & 60s don't become so that I have to act all 'growed up' like! :)

Ahh, by 1992 I'd already finished my degree and been working a few years and pretty much lost interest in gaming. So yes, I am too old to remember it :)

James

I finished my degree 10 years before that!!! Definitely too old for programmes like that.

Archived