Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

HorseHead Nebula

Coolhandjo

This is the closest I have gotten to the Horsehead in terms of FOV.

Taken over two nights HALRGB 60,60,40,40,40 Atik 314L 8inch Newt.

It was over 35 deg c both nights and the CCD cooler was running at average -3 deg C.

Had some reflection from nearby Alnitak to contend with but luckiley it averaged out (Refletion came all the way to the Horse!).

Comments welcomed.

post-18323-133877527687_thumb.jpg

Beautiful horsehead, very nice colour and reflections are not bad. I have tried to take some pics too with equinox 120 and canon, but weather has been so bad here. Horsehead is difficult to capture in Finland, it's getting only 26deg from horizon level.

Thanks for the comments - Yes I would of liked it to be cooler as there is still some noise in the image. Also, the reflection from ALnitak prevented me from stretching the RGB which gave the stars a bit of a washed out look. But I am still OK with the result.

It reached 40 deg C! Now back to 20 Deg C! Felt ok becuase the humidity was low.

Side note: I inspected my Light frames for the iamge and noticed they were all clipped! Not sure why they would be clipped unprocessed? Any thoughts?

Archived