Hi all

alskie

I am now returning to astronomy after a gap of almost 30 years, mainly due to just surfing on the net, re-finding and being inspired by Carl Sagan's "Pale Blue Dot". I have forgotten just about everything that I previously learnt (and that includes non-astronomy items too!) but look forward to re-discovering the joys of the heavens.

The picture ( http://stargazerslounge.com/members/alskie-albums.html) shows me and my dad with the observatory that he made for me in 1979; it was made out of railway carriage windows, railway telegraph poles, signal box equipment and even the ladder was from a signal post (all legit!). My telescope was an Astral Prism 500 - which I may get again for reasons of nostalgia if a cheap one comes up. I am looking forward to using this site and have already gained useful guidance by viewing postings on which telescopes to avoid. Outside of nostalgia, I will get something modest 130-150mm while I save for something of considerable "inchage".

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Alskie and welcome to SGL :)

I think you forgot to include the picture? Or a link to it? Anyway - enjoy the forum :)

Edit: Choose "Control Panel" at the top left of the page - scroll down to "Edit Avatar" - put picture in there ;)

Archived