L Plates

Dick Griffiths

Hi all

Great site you have here :) I'm a bit of a novice and I have been reading many threads with much interest. I hope to be confident enough to venture further into Astrophotography in the coming months, although I've had some good initial results on my current DSLR.

I have had the fortune of gazing at the starfields in the deserts of Austrailia and Africa in my time and have been completely blown away . Now, with your help, it's time to make an effort to try and understand it all !

cheers

[removed word]

Hi [removed word] and welcome to the forum.

Well you have experienced some great skies in the past but your interest in astronomy in this country will soon bring you back to basics :):D unfortunately!

My suggestion if you haven't read about it before is to get hold of a copy of Steve Richards (Steppenwolf) "Making Every Photon Count" (FLO £19.95) which will set you off in the right direction. From what I've seen of imaging, it does get very 'moorish' very quickly so it is better to be forewarned of the budgetary pressures you might be subjecting yourself to.:)

Clear skies in the meantime

James

Archived