advice please

old39

Hello.

could anyone out there advise me wether the Sky Watcher 130 flextube dobsonian would be suitable as a second scope ?.

I havea Skywatcher 114 at the moment but it is rather bulky and difficult to store as i live in a park home. Please advise.

Thanks.

Old39:confused:

Hello and welcome to SGL !.

I know that some other folks on the forum use the 130 flextube and like it a lot. It's certainly useful if you are pressed for space. The extra aperture over your 114 will be a benefit as well of course.

If you post a similar question on the beginners forum you will get some more feed back on it I'm sure.

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Skywatcher make very good scopes and the 130 will certainly give you great views. As a 'second' scope, are you wanting to use it to view specific targets that are different from the 114?

James

Hi and welcome to SGL.

The flextube will certainly be easier to store and will give slightly better views than the 114. I am puzzled that you want the 130 as a second scope, does that mean you'll be keeping the 114? If so, then surely you will have two scopes to store instead of one!

Thank you JBM and John.

To be quite honest i have spent more time sorting out the eq mount than i have viewing. So i think i may get rid of the 114 and go for the simple approach,

Richard

Hi Old39, welcome to SGL.

If I remember, one of the mags did a review on a 130 dob, and it got a decent rating. I think you would struggle to connect a camera to the dob, the weight may not do it many favours and it may cause it to flex enough to ruin the optical path.

Archived