Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Physics boffin wanted

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Idea:

Imagine a record deck setup ie a fixed outer surface and a circle inside which is free to spin. You then line magnets up at a 45 angle on both edges with poles facing each other pushing each other appart. Would this then be a continuous cycle of poles pushing and if a magnetic pulse travels at the speed of light then a well built model would spin the disk at close to LS?

The bearing just started to grind after a cople of minutes of rotation may have been weight but got me thinking maybe :icon_eek:

If you keep making like poles push against each other then you will eventually demagnetise both magnets.

Problem i that in a rotating closed environment they first have to push past each other to get the the position where they repel. That absorbs energy from the system.

You cannot use electricity to creata magnetic pulse as that requires you to input the electricity.

Solar is not perpetual because the system is not closed it is getting an energy input from the sun and whatever solar converters are used.

To be perpetual the whole system has to be closed with no input of energy from any source.

Ah but it is possible to get energy from two different ways. 1.) turbine energy 2.) electricity from passing a magnet past a coil of wire (This would be happening lots of times with many magnets)

Ok i have created an image in imaging heres the link (lol remember very very basic diagram)

It is not perpetual motion, it is an efficient use of magnetic energy, and as previously stated, eventually the magnets in use will demagnetise, the crux here is:- is it possible to obtain enough energy from it to sustain enough magnetic power to drive the Motors, this would be very unlikely as soon as you try to take "energy" out of the system you invariably will force the system to fail.

The device reaches a stable configuration when the inner disc has its magnets positioned between the magnets of the outer disc. There is then no net force and it can stand still. If you give it a push it will move a bit, then return to the static configuration.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh, I would be interested to hear this idea :)

Although as I'm sure it won't work as a physicist, the 2nd law of thermodynamics is the ultimate truth to me ;)

But it would be interesting to hear it out :)

It's good to try and plenty of ideas have been disparaged by accepted wisdom and then proved to be correct (tectonic plates, peptic ulcers, etc) but the 2nd Law of Thermodynaics is pretty basic and, as we know from Scotty, "ye canny break the laws of physics"

Archived