Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Physics boffin wanted

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Trouble is, anyone who understands Physics will probably laugh or shake their heads. Those who don't, myself included, will find it interesting. :icon_eek:

Also..... If you want to keep your ideas secret, don't tell anyone.

True the idea is simple I can explain it in a couple of lines, i built a prototype but burnt the bearings out. Cant get anyone at all to listen to me though lol ravings of a madman.

Ihavmt the know how to properly build or do the math so have to share

As far as I can see, the idea is plausable, and as you have said, you have already burn't out a set of bearings.

Why not use magnetic bearings, almost friction less?

But then remember, for stability, you can't use permanent magnets, which means you have to get the power for them somewhere!!!

I only am commenting here on my limited knowledge and practical experience with gyroscopes etc, I am no physics boffin, lol.

Cheers

I'm with all the "it's impossible" folks. Energy you haven't thought of is getting into your system somewhere. For example, anything that relies on solar power isn't perpetual motion because the sun won't be around forever.

/edit - if you have bearings of any kind then you're going to convert some energy in your system into heat. As soon as you lose any energy you can't have perpetual motion.

yes, but anything that converts solar energy into useful work efficiently would be a goldmine.

Absolutely. :icon_eek: If this was a thread about efficient energy conversion then we'd have something to talk about, but since it's a thread about "perpetual motion" we really don't need to know anything about the system to know that, sadly, it's not going to work.

Archived