Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Staffs UK

stevenson166

Hi Guys, about time i decided to get more involved in the subject of astronomy that has intrigued me more than anything else in my life..Life in one way or another decides your fate but now i am determined (with my familys support ) to pursue my interest.

I have a Nikon D50 SLR and want to mount to a telescope within a £300 budget with all of basic accessories .The purpose really to get some deep field pictures to show off in my home as all the pictures we show were all taken by me . They are of the kids and flowers at present.

If anyone can comment or link on what settings i can use on my D50 to take pics without a telescope, then that would be great..

Thanks Paul

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Thanks Dave...yeah massive Rush fan ..Them and Astronomy what more could a man want...(without the female) .Thanks for the reply..will check out the site more thoroughly..;)

Yeah baby! :eek::headbang::):headbang:

Dave...

Hi Paul and welcome to SGL. Here's a link to a tutorial on here for taking images with a DSLR and tripod.

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-tips-tricks-techniques/73737-basic-widefield-camera-tripod.html

As Steve has said already an Astrotrac is a great piece of kit for mounting a DSLR on and tracking the stars to image larger deep space objects and constellations or the Milkyway.

HI and welcome from me too, I used to have all my pics hung in the house but I hated it in the end, I have been an artist as well as a photographer, I'd always end up looking at them and thinking 'hmmm should have gone at f5.6 at 125th maybe or hmmmm wish I had carried the yellow wash a bit better' in the end to stop me going mad I removed them all and put other stuff up :eek: besides some of my stuff wasnt suited to childrens eyes.

Astro pics - its a rough road to hoe - check out the imaging section. the guys there will be able to advise I am sure.

Oh - happy new year as well :)

Archived