Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

IC443 Jellyfish nebula in Ha

MartinB

Recently bought an SXM26C and had a couple of good nights using except that I'm having some significant teething problems which I'm sorting out with SX. So last night it was back to my trusty QSI 532 for an Ha capture of the Jellyfish. The plan is to combine this with wider field OSC data from the M26 if I can get it sorted.

This is 10 x 20 mins Ha. QSI 532 and Tak FSQ 106

Captured, calibrated and combined with Maxim. Deconvolved in CCD stack and finshed in PS

post-12794-133877509109_thumb.jpg

Tremendous signal strength, Martin. That is really intense and contrasty. Do you think PixInsight could have a look at the wide halo around the bright star? DBE?

But that is going top be great with colour. It is great as it is, BTW.

Olly

Tremendous signal strength, Martin. That is really intense and contrasty. Do you think PixInsight could have a look at the wide halo around the bright star? DBE?

But that is going top be great with colour. It is great as it is, BTW.

Olly

Thanks guys. Not sure that DBE would help greatly Olly. Apart from a reduction using the distort filter in PS I've not done much with it (other than taking out the huge bloom). The distort had to avoid much of the extended brightness because it made a mess of the surrounding stars. When I add in the colour I will go to work on it but I don't want it to look as if it has been battered into submission!

Hi Martin,

This is very very good (as if you needed me to tell you :) )

Wonderful detail and superb signal.

I learned the hard way that Ha on this DSO isn't enough. Since it's a supernova remenant, it actually includes many gasses (and consequently many colors) which aren't covered by Ha. But Ha is the way to go to give this object its infra-structure, upon which the rest of the image is fit.

Cheers,

Harel

Hi Martin,

I learned the hard way that Ha on this DSO isn't enough. Since it's a supernova remenant, it actually includes many gasses (and consequently many colors) which aren't covered by Ha. But Ha is the way to go to give this object its infra-structure, upon which the rest of the image is fit.

Thanks Harel. Quite apart from all the gases it needs colour to change that big bright mag 3 star into it's warm gold which contrasts so nicely with the red. I've thought about getting SII and OIII as well but not sure whether I'll bother this year. It's going to be around for a few years yet!

Archived