Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

At last an image!! ngc1333

peter shah

It feels like an age since my last shot....ive been grabbing data as ive gone along this object ive really wanted to do for years im quite pleased with the result

NGC1333 in Perseus LRGB 307mins in Luminance 90mins in red 81mins in blue 56mins in Green taken over two nights and showing four minor planets which show up as very small RGB lines...you have to look quite hard to see them.

Oh yeah and ive fitted a UV/IR blocking filter which has really helped with the star colour!

cheers peter

post-17181-133877507226_thumb.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Many thanks for all the comments....it really is a lovely part of the sky with so much going on there....I was fighting against the conditions here....nothing new there then!!....it could do with a bit more exposure time but im going to leave it for now and add to it later...i want to get one of my other projects finished

I think that is a tremendous image with the thrilling sense of energy occulted by thick dust. I have never seen anyting quite like it but you do get great results when signal is faint and really expert handling of colour is needed.

Olly

(Or maybe it would be better just to say that you get really great results, full stop!)

... It should also be said that this target is not for the beginner, or the faint of heart .-) (and maybe not for a DSLR). I did 20x7 minute exposures of this one with my 8" newtonian and a modified 10D last year;

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/89288-ngc-1333-yesterday.html

... Not quite the same result you could say :-)

... It should also be said that this target is not for the beginner, or the faint of heart .-) (and maybe not for a DSLR). I did 20x7 minute exposures of this one with my 8" newtonian and a modified 10D last year;

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/89288-ngc-1333-yesterday.html

... Not quite the same result you could say :-)

It really is a tricky one....the dust is pretty much black glowing very gently against the blackness of space....so the only way is to keep the sig to noise up and just keep on exposing.....easier said with this weather :)

one thing i didnt realise was this area is full of Herbig-Harow objects...but i guess this is the sort of area you would find them, stars thick with dusty gassy stuff

one thing i didnt realise was this area is full of Herbig-Harow objects...but i guess this is the sort of area you would find them, stars thick with dusty gassy stuff

Is that one I see over to the RHS, the yellow star??

But greater pleasure .-) Is this the full Resolution image or is it resampled? Any chance of a higher-resolution post?

i can send you the full res shot to look at via email if you want to take a close look....its too big for the forum, unless someone can work out how to do it!

Archived