Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Hello from the Chicago Area

quantum64

Hello everyone. I'm really just joining to learn more about astronomy and meet some new people. I do not have a telescope, but do hope to get one in the near future. For now I just enjoy learning and studying the subject.

I work in the IT industry and will soon be graduating with my Bachelor's degree.

Currently in my sites is the Orion SkyView Pro 8 EQ (non-goto). It fits my budget, and appears to have great reviews. I'm not emotionally attached to it though, so if anyone has some suggestions, that would be great.

Thanks!

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome to the forum! Chicago - my favourite US city. Spent a great deal of time over there working alongside IBM. I was based in Oak Brook and then in the city centre - can't recall the name of the building but it wasn't Sears or the John Hancock Centre (sorry, Center...) but the third highest (AON building perhaps) - many happy times at the blues clubs, Navy Pier in the summer - fantastic. Lived on South Wabash. If you haven't been there, Phoenix is HOT - worked there too and thank god for air-conditioning! Am currently working in Oxford UK, but Chicago is my kind of town....

Archived