Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Fantastic Day!

cyborg421

Dear All,

I have just got back from the astroimaging day and I thought it was fantastic. A wealth of information + support. An excellent dinner and a CD with all the information and programs from the day. :)

Can I thanks all those who organised and supported in making the event happen. It was memorable in so many ways.

Simon

I'll third that, a great day. Lots of info and help, cups of tea, no question unanswered, nice lunch, great presentations from all and more tea.

I would like to thank Keith (Old Codger) who put up his solar scope and let us all have a look at the sun. ;)

Thanks to Daz, Steve, Linton, Phil and Eyvette, sorry if I missed any one, for making this a great day. :)

Opps forgot Grant who was busy at the back burning the dvd,s :D

and I will ......Fourth that....

What a wealth of information and great to get some answers to those nagging questions about "Am I doing this right...."

Brilliant...and to all those out there that were thinking of doing it but didn't.......make sure you pesty to get another day arranged... It will be worth it.

Plus...what a great location......One day I will have to bring my wife and sons to the community observatory (If thats OK.....)

:):headbang::D;)

Excellent day in excellent company. All the info gathered from the day will be of use in the future. I still don't understand what those eyepiece thingies are for so I may need 1-2-1 tuition to figure them out :)

Only another 100 miles to go before I reach Anglesey lol

Really glad you all got so much from the day :)

Again I must thank:

Linton - for his talk, organising the location and lunch

Yvette - for doing a sterling job with the kettle and tea pot

Phil - for early car park duty and then on the tea with Yvette

Dave - for his talk and bringing all his toys to show you

Steve - for bringing all his kit and answering some of the more advanced questions that people had - even though he was suffering from a touch of man-flu!

Grant - for working his way through all the DVD's and bringing his kit down for us to use

Keith (Old Codger) - for setting up his PST and showing people the sun

And to you all for attending. We had great fun answering your questions, and it was good to see you answering each others questions and sharing experiences!

Now, let's see those images :D;)

Man-Flu or not, I had a valid day-pass from my usual duties, and I wasnt going to miss that chance to go out somewhere!

I had a great day, and it was great to see beginers asking the right questions, taking the answers and then asking the next logical question. Very reassuring to see that. Also interesting to see what the main drivers were for moving to imaging. Some just wanted images to show their friends and family, some just seemed excited by all the technology and cables, and getting all the various parts of the imaging requirements working in harmony. Whatever the reasons, I hope you all manage to progress with your imaging, be it planetary, solar, deep sky, widefield...

Best day out for sometime now. Congratulations and many ,many thanks to all the organisers who did a magnificent job. Bags of information, and ready answers to all the queries - even to the extnt of saying 'Sorry, don't know' ( only once though). If there is a repeat somewhere near I shall go again to consolidate what I learned yesterday. Excellent organisation - Well Done.

Old Codger

I've just managed to get on as I've been ill with girl-flu!

It was just the BEST day! You're all just a great bunch and so patient with all my questions. I do feel I monopolised people rather but what a difference it made. I feel I understand so much more and my frustration has dwindled markedly!

Thanks Daz for reminding me of all the names.

Once I'm over this bug I'll get the disc open and really have a look. I can't wait for my next opportunity to get the scope out and try everything. I've even ordered the webcam and all the necessaries from Morgans so I'm well excited.

Can't wait for all you newbie's astropics.

I've got some pics from the day I'll post in a few mins.

Alexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Archived