hi all new here

star_chaser

like it says im a new boy (well old boy) who has always been interested in space and the universe. i was out the other day and saw a scope for sale id had a few beers so bought the scope a celestron astromaster 130 eq. i have also ordered turn left at orion ,led torch,and a moon filter to get me started.as cristmas is eating up my astonomy funds lol. so im looking forward to my new hobby and learning something new.

so again hello all

p.s quick question i live in london and of an evening in the southeast i can see a star/planet rise. clearly visable to the naked eye (can see nothing else due to street lights) is this mars ??

because after reading up on this forum i am aware that i need a few more bits of kit but would be more than happy just to see mars for now

thx star_gazer

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Welcome, i too have an Astromaster 130eq and just like you starting out, get yourself a 2x Barlow lens, it has made viewing jupiter great for me. looking forward to Saturn rising in the early mornings.

Good luck.

thx for the warm welcome all

thx for the heads up on jupiter my boy asked where is mars then ? we will have to find it i said. so this is my first project . but i was more impressed that i found jupiter. even by mistake

so im off to read up and try to find mars :) (no spoilers plz)

thx again

@ doug how is the viewing from essex i have a sister from there. maybe she will see me more lol i just took a walk around a big park near me but was still a lot of light maybe later at night will be better

Archived