Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Got one done at last...M31

peter shah

Ive been busy getting a new camera on the Ag8...collimating and getting adaptors sorted... bla bla has seemed to take an age...then the weather and moon...well i just managed to get a few frames for M31....27mins in blue 21mins in green and 50mins in red....that was between the cloud patches and the howling wind...but before the moon!! ....i really didnt think i would have enough data to pull out an image......but here it is

im quite pleased with it

thanks for looking

peter

post-17181-1338774970_thumb.jpg

post-17181-133877497006_thumb.jpg

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That galaxy does get much better Peter :)

This a wonderful image shame you didn't post it a little larger?? :)

Can I ask was this 'just' RGB no Lum and if you want to ever sell this scope please give me first chance :(

Guy...

many thanks everyone.....i just feel a bit better now i have something under my belt with the larger format....

Guy.... i will add odds and ends as i go with this and when i have a few hours worth ill give it another process, but for now im going to move off to something else, ive got a couple more on the go at the moment;).....i just love this scope it performs extremely well, i think i would probably only replace it with an AG12....but im broke at the moment so it wont be anytime soon!

i did try to post it bigger....i can send you the full version if you want to have a close look at it guy.....its a massive file so it might have to be via yousendit.com

Very nice image... There have been alot of M31 posted over the last few months, and i can see more of them being post over the coming, but as the time goes on these images are getting better and better.... What a great example, The image quality is just fantastic, the lack of noise and good quality data, really does make a difference :)

Keiran

I can see why you love that scope Peter, pin sharp stars edge to edge with no bloat, and ultra sharp on the detail in the dust and outer rim. Looks like you got the collimation and spacing spot on! Great result. Do you also add in a separate Lum layer?

Tim

many thanks for the comments everyone....

TJ...the collimation is very slightly off but close enough for now, i just want to get some imaging done.....i have some big projects i want to do this season so im not going to mess about with it at the moment

I'll never grow sick of seeing M31 pics.

And this one is perfect IMHO.

So just the separate RGB exposures? Wonderful detail.

ps. What is that at the bottom right of the pic?

many thanks.....sorry yes its rgb...with all the channels combined into a pseudo luminance im then able to give a heavier colour noise reduction without compromising the resolution....

that red bit in the lower corner is caused by a combination of gradients and the fact im using 48mm filters, im getting a very slight vignetting.....so because the corners of the flats are under exposed its caused more noise and seems over adjust these areas when calibrated....but i cant afford to change the filters and filter wheel at the moment;) I have reduced it in my later edit, but notb posted it.....you can view it here

http://www.astropix.co.uk/ps/pages/m31-wavelet.htm

I once took rob gendlers M31 and made the blue frame the luminance frame, which helped pick out the dust lanes nicely because dust scatters blue light more heavily

paul

funny you say that....because i enhanced the core area with blue frame data;)

Archived