Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Got one done at last...M31

peter shah

Question for you Peter, how do you check the collimation once the camera is mounted, do you do a software check? (CCD Inspector etc?) or just go by the shape of the stars?

Somebody should invent a removable lens for the end of the focusser drawtube which would let the camera focus on the secondary and so enable the collimation to be tweaked with camera in place :)

Thanks

Tim

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Question for you Peter, how do you check the collimation once the camera is mounted, do you do a software check? (CCD Inspector etc?) or just go by the shape of the stars?

Somebody should invent a removable lens for the end of the focusser drawtube which would let the camera focus on the secondary and so enable the collimation to be tweaked with camera in place :mad:

Thanks

Tim

ccd inspector works well :)....i would say the best way to get it perfectly collimated is with the cateye infinity, but it doesnt work with the corrector in place....you can do it with it in place but its a real pig to get spot on...ive got it down to an art now....BTW did you see my little accident i had with my corrector? all sorted now though!

Archived