Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Looking Clear Tonight -Targets Anyone?

Toadeh

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've after adding in some OIII to my elephant trunk from Kelling. But we have some persistent cloud over here...

Ant

It's just fading away here mate so it should be alright down your neck of the woods soon :).

I'm hoping it'll be nice for a while so one of these will be the subject of some imaging fun.

NGC 1624

Bubble nebula (again!)

Cave nebula

SH2-205

NGC 1491

Might well get the comedy dob out for some Lunar/Juputer observing too :(.

Tony..

I've after adding in some OIII to my elephant trunk from Kelling. But we have some persistent cloud over here...

Ant

With this moon Ant? :(:) OIII really washes out for me in bright moonlight.

Its been clear here the past couple of nights, but I haven't set up a Ha filtered camera yet so haven't bothered with the telescope. Shame because I forgot all about the double transit last night :)

Toadeh, what scope have you got?

Alan

I ain't :) got some binoculars at the mo whilst I learn my way around.

Just got in from a quick look. Moon looks weird through them, kinda ridged towards the top right. Then tracked south of the moon and found Plaedies, which was odd, considering I couldn't even see it with my eyes :(. Anyway, its a bit bright so stood in the shaddow of the shed and looked over the house (back to the moon).

Spent a few mins (about 15 :)) looking at the double star just above Vega (Epsilon I think it was) and there seems a few in that area. Then, the clouds rolled in, or rather, the neighbours fired up the fire and the smoke blocked it :)

Its a lot better than looking at xFactor or any other **** :(

Some good targets listed above though, will make a note.

Anyone else seen anything good tonight?

looking for iss crossing the path of the moon around 23h06m36.72s ....in a clock face concept the space station will seem to move towards 6.47 ,and thats from central leicester

Is that 2306 UT or BST ?

'Towards 6.47' ; Will it be moving towards the hour hand or the minute hand ?

Alan

Chunkie - I like this bit in your profile ; 'The scientific theory I like best is that the rings of Saturn are composed entirely of lost airline luggage.'

I reckon there must also be a lot of old books about conspiracy theories and those predictions which never amounted to anything eg. the one about fear of the 'Y2K millenium bug' (and old extinct religions).

Alan

Try some double stars in your binos. Try v draco..its 60 seconds of arc so very doable in binoculars. Two lovely white sparking stars. Both bright enough so no issue with the moon or an urban location...

Mark

I'll try that, normally I just look for messier objects and I've never really looked for any double stars. Thanks for the advice.

Archived