Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Hello from Derby

craggers

As I am beginner to this larks, recently received 15x70 skymaster binocular from excellent FLO.

Is there any Derbyshire astronomy club that I can attend to?

Spotted Jupiter and its moons (3 moons) last night and got excited and want to explore more :)

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Craggers - we have a local social group for observing if you're interested. It's in the "Community" tab at top of page and pick "Social Groups".

We are called East Mids Stargazers and have a dark site at Sawley (M1 J24) - you'd be welcome to pop along and see if you fancy joining. Alternatively click the link in my signature for further info :)

We meet whenever it's clear usually - you can join the social group on here anyway - leave a short intro for the guys - and keep an eye on the observing threads when it's looking clear - that's how we find out who's going and agree a time to meet up.

Usually it's on a Saturday night (and sometimes a Friday).

Come down to the next meet and have a look at some scopes - might help you decide what to go for and you'll get plenty of advice :)

hi Crag, where are you in derby, i`m Sandiacre area,

i`m also a member of "east midlands stargazers" your more than welcome to come down one night to have a look round round, try some scopes and hopefully join our little club,

cheers Rob

Archived