NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi Everybody

CharmQuark

I have always interested in Astronomy and your forum looks really good. hope to make some good friends here it's nice to be part of a place where I can talk about things and people know what i am going on about.

I live in a small town just below the Scottish border called Berwick-Upon-Tweed, I am kinda stuck here at the minute, can't get to any Astronomy groups as i dont drive and there buses are pretty bad too LOL.

Anyways this is me :p look forward to getting to know you all :)

Charms :)

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Charms and welcome to the forum.

This forum is a very useful resource when you're starting out as almost any question can be answered. The good thing here is that people are very generous with their help and knowledge and so the whole process of learning becomes interactive. We've all read some instruction manual where there is always a little bit that we don't understand but normally there's nothing we can do about it. Once you've paid your money, retailers and distributors invariably don't want to know (FLO on here are one of the few exceptions!). If you ask here on this forum, there will always be someone who has got the same kit, had the same problem who can then share the same solution. Its not just about solving problems though, its also about sharing experiences, be they observations, new ideas or just passing comment.

Don't forget there is a search facility at the top of this page to help you look back through past questions and responses. When you make 50 posts you will be eligible to access the FOR SALE section to pick up some bargains on used scopes, mounts and other kit.

So get posting away with those questions or ideas!

Clear skies

James

Hi Charms and welcome to the forum.

This forum is a very useful resource when you're starting out as almost any question can be answered. The good thing here is that people are very generous with their help and knowledge and so the whole process of learning becomes interactive. We've all read some instruction manual where there is always a little bit that we don't understand but normally there's nothing we can do about it. Once you've paid your money, retailers and distributors invariably don't want to know (FLO on here are one of the few exceptions!). If you ask here on this forum, there will always be someone who has got the same kit, had the same problem who can then share the same solution. Its not just about solving problems though, its also about sharing experiences, be they observations, new ideas or just passing comment.

Don't forget there is a search facility at the top of this page to help you look back through past questions and responses. When you make 50 posts you will be eligible to access the FOR SALE section to pick up some bargains on used scopes, mounts and other kit.

So get posting away with those questions or ideas!

Clear skies

James

Thank you so much for your warm welcome James I look forward to having a good look around and enjoying meeting new people :)

Archived