Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Andromeda Unchained, Reframed and Reworked

Beyond_Vision

I added another 16 x 10 min frames to my previous image of M31 and made sure it was across the diagonal of the chip. The data from the last session was combined with Registar and finished with Pix Insight and PSCS3. Equipment was as per previous image. Total Exposure 33 x 10 mins.

http://stargazerslounge.com/imaging-deep-sky/115780-andromeda-unchained.html

I have toned the sepia effect from the last image as Martin had pointed out. Next session I hope to get some Ha to add to the mix.

beyondvision-albums-deep-sky-picture7274-m31-apm-tmb105-qhy8-ccd-33-x-10-minute.jpg

Regards

Kevin

Not that I am anywhere near qualified to comment but the sky between the stars doesn't look as black as the original.

Having said that I would like to add wow, wow, wow, I can only hope to aspire to capture something this good!!!

I tried to comment earlier, Kevin, but an Orange 'deadbox' prevented me from doing so. Fine M31 with a really strong core, in my view, not just in terms of colour but in terms of getting in close. In fact I'll stand you a few cool beers if you'll tell me how you got those innermost dust lanes...

Olly

Hi Kevin,

Somehow I like the older version better.

This one looks a bit blurry to me in comparison with the old one?

But nevertheless, both pictures are great! I would be happy to get even close to that :)

Pascal

I tried to comment earlier, Kevin, but an Orange 'deadbox' prevented me from doing so. Fine M31 with a really strong core, in my view, not just in terms of colour but in terms of getting in close. In fact I'll stand you a few cool beers if you'll tell me how you got those innermost dust lanes...

Olly

I shall have to come over sometime :) although it's down to Pix Insights magic :(

Pascal the previous image was a bit sharper but the second set of data the image seemed a bit noisier so a small amount of noise reduction was done.

Thanks all for your great comments :)

Regards

Kevin

Archived