NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

TS APO Triplet 90mm/f600

A McEwan

Thanks guys! I'm keeping quiet about it at the moment performance-wise as I want to get a real quantity of observations with it before goin over the top, but so far it has given the most exquisite shadow transit view I've had in a small scope so far. More observations will foolow, but yes - it could well be the perfect 90mm Apo.

Ant

• 5 weeks later...

Been looking to get one of these myself - Wolfi at TS was as ever very helpfull.

What is the focuser like?

Having tried the WO90 with the powerlinear focuser - and TBH not that impressed with the "notchiness" of it I'm hopefull the TS is better.

Cheers

Mark

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Mark, sorry for late reply.

I find the focuser to be pretty much ideal. Perhaps you've read my comments now on the reviews board? It is very smooth and easily adjusted if required. No slop, no image shift. Slightly coarser than a Moonlite, but that's not saying much really. Go for it!

Ant

I'll second the Baader Steeltrack focuser. Probably ONLY 95% as good as a Moonlite crayford. :) I'm very happy with the one on my TS triplet. You'd have to move up to something like a Feather Touch R&P focuser to see a significant improvement, and I do have a FT R&P on my FLT98 to compare it with.

John

Hi Ant

Thanks for the info on the focuser - yes I did find your report - and the photo of your set-up. I am a bit of a refractor addict and have been looking for something that fills the gap between the 102 and the 60 - probably will loose the 60 at some point to help fund the 90.

Anyway, hopefully I'll be purchasing in November - after my next credit-card cut-off date! Be nice if the Euro was a bit weaker tho'

Cheers

Mark

Hi Mark,

Interesting idea losing the 60mm, but I think if you get the 90mm triplet you'll find it very close to the Tak 102 in terms of performance and weight. But then, you've got two Taks there so it might be hard to decide which one to sacrifice to get the triplet...

In my case I sold an ED80 and 127mm Mak and replaced them both with the 90mm triplet. The Mak had planetary performance and the ED80 had portability. The triplet gives me planetary performance and portability in one telescope - consolidation!

BUT... my next step up in aperture now is 120mm, which is a bigger step from the 90mm than you would have, with the 90mm triplet --- 102mm Tak.

A nice little decision for you to make! Also, I hear what you're saying about the Euro. I decided to sleep on it before placing the order and that one night delay cost me £20 in terms of exchange rate!

Finally, you have the exact same mount setup as I do! Quality eh...

Ant

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived