Hello from a Lincs newbie

Impster

Just thought I would say hi.

Trying a bit of astronomy again after 20 years when I previously used a 70mm Tasco refractor to view the sky (when I was a lad). Will be looking skywards from my back garden in Lincoln, if there is anyone else on here from around these parts!

Would consider my self to be a bit of a newbie after all those years.

Recently got myself a cheap small reflector (Celestron Astromaster 130EQ). Have used it a couple of times now - with a 26mm and 10mm Meade 4000 eyepieces - again I acquired quite cheaply second hand.

Hoping to get some more advice and tips on these boards from some more experienced - will post up questions and a quick review of my scope in separate threads!

Impster

Hello Impster

There are a few of us on here from the Lincs area, I come from Billinghay! Your story is very similar to mine, and many others, have you checked out the East Midlands section of SGL?

There is a small informal star party being organised for mid October at Boston if you are interested where there should be around a dozen of us Lincs based members.

PM me if you want more details and I will put you in touch with the organiser.

Regards

Buzz

Archived