NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Ayup for Huddersfield

Revs

Hi Guys and Gals.... I'm back!

I thought I'd better reintroduce myself as I haven't posted for a such long time, going on 8 years I think. I hope everyone's doing well in these weird times. With all the extra time I've had I found myself watching astro vids on YouTube. Next thing you know I'm dusting off my scopes and reacquainting myself with the HEQ5. I've had a couple of nights out with the 10" dob hoping to see some planets but only Venus and the Moon could be found, but it was so nice to see them again.

I decided it was time to retire my slow-as-hell 12 year old astro notebook and pickup something a lot newer and faster. Then had to re-learn the ASCOM install process and figure out how to get the old QHY5 to talk to Windows 10 (x64). I was struggling, I had almost given up and was looking at QHY5Lii's, but I found the info/link I needed here, got the right drivers installed and got it working again, which made my day :)

The only issue now is that I'm in a very light polluted area and don't wanna get in trouble by travelling to darker skies.

Anyway, see you in the forums, cheers!

• Like 1

Welcome back mate, re the LP just do what you can from home till we can move around a bit more freely and then get up to Diggly res above meltham really good dark site, i used to go there on a clear night when i lived in Hudds, good to see you back again

• Thanks 1

Thanks guys

Jules, not setup at Digley res before, lovely spot though. Was thinking a little further along the road and a little higher; Holme Moss, 527m asl. Prolly a bit breezy up there though.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Revs said:

Thanks guys

Jules, not setup at Digley res before, lovely spot though. Was thinking a little further along the road and a little higher; Holme Moss, 527m asl. Prolly a bit breezy up there though.

Digley is best its sheltered from a lot of wind and sheltered from a lot of LP as it is a natural amphitheatre, kinda surrounded by taller hills, set up in the upper carpark, the tarmac one 

• Thanks 1