Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Eye of God (aka NGC7293)

paulobao

Hello,

just got back from vacation! Before reaching the house still had time to dust off the equipment (I stay 4 nights at my parents house at the country side). Colected some photons :D. I will process it as sonn I have time to!

Here the first one: NGC7293, The Helix Nebula (The eye of God).

It is a very low DSO at this latitude but I gave it a try!

C9.25 @ f/d 6.2 + QSI532WS-M1 @ -15ºC

Ha and OIII filters from Baader.

Ha: 35x10min bin 2x2

OIII: 25x10min bin 2x2

First attempt at processing (so this is version 1).

rgbv2icopycopy.jpg

Cheers,

paulobao

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WOW - OK so the colours are a little overblown in the centre, it's a little noisy but WOW!!!! That's simply stunning! A bit more work and and I think you have an APOD image there. One of the most amazing images i have seen on SGL and I think there is still a bit more that can be done with it.

Well done:icon_salut:

Wow, you have the signal!!! If the Helix is low for you it is lower for me...

I really liked Ha-O111-plus a 50-50 mix of O111/Ha when I shot this. You get a lovely blue and yellow colour scheme. Give it a try!

The image scale is very impressive but personally I would use your beautiful Tak to get more room around the nebula. You could always add the SCT data in a programme like Registar.

Please excuse me giving you ideas but the data you have is truly fantastic! I'm just sharing experiences.

Best wishes,

Olly

Thanks to all for the comments and sugestions (thanks Olly for the sugestions about the processing).

I will reprocess it sooner trying a new approach! (My reference image is the one from the Hubble made in 2004. They used only Ha and OIII filters too so I try to match the colors...not the quality/resolution of course!!!).

I making an observatory that is almost done. Then I will start to use my new G11-Ovision (that is still virgin after all these months!). I've great expectactions of it !

I still have more 5 DSOs to process so need some time.

Cheers,

paulo

Thanks.

I will try it next year at 0.9 arcsec/pixel (after putting everything at work in my new observatory....I made this at open air!). The sky should still be there next year I hope :-).

I will try a second approach tomorrow, let's see what I get!

Cheers,

paulo

Archived