Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Is there anybody there???

just looking

Ok who else thinks there is Something else out there? lol

Just been nosying on u tube at the UFO sightings ect

and the debris/rocks/ on Mars and The Moon fastenating stuff :)

even something that looks like A Castle Relics,and a Skull.

But Surely theres not only us in this vast universe ?

I Suppose if they was Something and they paid us a visit

we would shoot it down,and ask questions later.

Oh and I Saw Micheal Jackson and Elvis on there

in a supermarket shopping together:icon_scratch:

I'll get my coat ................

before the men in white one's come knocking.lol

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quite an open-ended question really.

Is there life out there? Is it intelligent? Is Earth in contact with it? Is there Alien life on Earth?

I think people who haven't bothered to research Aliens and UFO's tend to fall into the 'No way there's such thing as aliens/Yes they exist somewhere' where as those who have done some research fall into the 'Yes UFO's are a real phenomena but are only man-made secret aircraft/Yes UFO's are a phenomena and some are Aliens.'

A lot of people have quite strong opinions on this, very similar to religion debate I suppose.

Personally, from what I've read and the videos I've seen I believe 'some' UFO's are indeed extraterrestrial. A high percentage of sightings are probably of man-made secret aircraft, and sadly most other are hoax sightings/photos.

I think things like flying saucers/crop circles have a stigma attached to them due to the media's representation of such things and if you believe some conspiracy theories, this is what 'the powers that be' intended to happen.

It's all a spectrum of belief and everyone falls somewhere on there. From the non-believers, to those who believe all the worlds leaders are reptilians.

Whether you believe or not. There's definitely some interesting 'evidence' out there. Alien bases on the dark side of the moon, the 'castle' floating above the moon, Faster than light transmitter on the Spirit Rover, Monoliths on Mars and Phobos, NASA radio conversations and videos suggesting UFO's, Space serpents/snakes (organisms living in space).

True or not, still fun to read about!

I Suppose its like if you believe in life after death?

Some Do Some Don't.Each to their own I Guess.

I Hope there is as I Think surely this isan't it.

Suppose I Will find out one day.

Later than sooner I Hope.lol

I Ask as something strange happened to my mum years ago.

which I Wont bore you all with.

or you will most definitely have me and mum taken away.

and No I Don't think theres a Father Christmas.:)

Like you say Holliday all interesting

I hope there is life out there in the universe

the vastness of the universe thats containing millions of planets if our planet the only one that harbours life that would be a sad and i don't believe that when our planet thats so full of life i hope that life has formed on many planets out there its just that they are so far away it would take a long long long long long longlong time to find if it does.

In order to answer the question of the existence of extraterrestrial life, it need exist on only ONE other planet Given those odds, how can it not exist ?

We need someone to build a telescope that We can all afford.

that we can zoom in and see right on the Moon/Mars.

The pics From ISS/Nasa/and all the others that have taken pictures

just dont seem to show anything only dust and creaters.lol

I Dont know what I'm Expecting Here.Too much I Guess,lol

Maybe houses.??well they have to live somewhere.

And with all those rocks they would build some sort of living accomadation.

I know I would.

Ah well guess we will never really know.

I personally think it's arrogant to assume that earth is the only planet with life.

My thoughts exactly. :)

Adding to that, we'd be very wise to heed the warning of Stephen Hawking: "We only have to look at ourselves to see how intelligent life might develop into something we wouldn’t want to meet."

Also, the idea of going boldly where no man has gone before is romantic, but not very practical. As Hawking says further, "I imagine they might exist in massive ships ... having used up all the resources from their home planet. Such advanced aliens would perhaps become nomads, looking to conquer and colonize whatever planets they can reach."

TBH i doubt they'd be nice like Capt. Kirk or ET. :D

Hi Talitha I Have just bought a stephen Hawkins Book

So looking forward to reading this.

Along with a few more astronomy books off ebay.

Now we don't know that they may not be very friendly?

after all look at some of the Earthlings we have here.

I Wouldn't want to meet some of ours in the dark either.lol

.. As Hawking says further, "I imagine they might exist in massive ships ... having used up all the resources from their home planet. Such advanced aliens would perhaps become nomads, looking to conquer and colonize whatever planets they can reach." ...

"Battle for Terra" ??? thats exactly what happens to human race in that animated movie.

Battle for Terra (2007)

plyRYrqa_4g

I personally think it's arrogant to assume that earth is the only planet with life.

I agree, With 125 billion plus galaxies each with possibly 200 billion stars I think it's safe to safe we are not alone, how could we be !

I hope we gain knowledge if other life forms during my life time :)

Thanks Everyone for all your answers

ive enjoyed reading them.

And I Hope they hurry up If I'm going to meet them

time isan't on my side.lol

I Wonder if they are looking at earth like we look out there.

Don't suppose we will ever know the truth will we.

To get life quite a few criteria have to be met.

To get intelligent life even more. The intelligence we have developed isn't necessary for life or survival, dinosaurs managed for quite some time, insects, trees and plants for longer still.

Seen a few posts along this line and yes there are a lot of stars in the milky way, but if you start looking at what is required for life I would say a huge amount fail, or if life exists it may be rare and very primative as in single cell life.

It could make an interesting exercise to identify all that makes Earth suitable for life then try to determine the chance of this occuring. I know it has been done but everytime it comes up there is it seems another condition added.

How many of the stars are simply the wrong type? I would guess more then 80%. Could you discount all those at the core as being in too hostile an environment (radiation)?

Sheer numbers dictate that there must be extraterrestrial life out there. However, current observations seem to suggest that none as we know it exists inside a radius of 50 light years so a dialogue would take 100 years turn around, outside our normal life span.

I'm with Capricorn - in the "not very likely" camp.

When comparing numbers, whether it is a large number or not is all relative.

The number of chemical and biological combinatons required to form life are LARGE, the numbers of planets...which may be in the billions of billions, or even billions of billions of billions, are SMALL by comparison.

The number of planets capable of supporting life still smaller.

The time period in which life has been present on this planet (we only have a sample size of one), relative to the planets age is also small

There may have been some form of life on another planet, there may be in the future, but it seems unlikely that, even if it does occur, it overlaps with ours

Now..dont get me started on the even briefer window of time in which life on this planet is "detectable" to anything else that is listening in the same way that we listen...

I am no expert but feel there must surely be life elsewhere and I'm not so sure it will be that rare either.

one problem is the distances involved. I understand it takes 100,000 years for light to travel across just our own galaxy?

the other issue is that the basics of life can be very different on other planets presumably? is there a reason why life forms would not be silicon rather than carbon based or very different in other ways? we might not even recognise life if we found it (or if it found us).

I'd love to be wrong but why come all this way and not be more apparent to us? 'they' presumably have greater technology than we do?

I agree, With 125 billion plus galaxies each with possibly 200 billion stars I think it's safe to safe we are not alone, how could we be !

I hope we gain knowledge if other life forms during my life time :)

Aren't we constantly sending out signals into space in the hope there will be a reply? I'm pretty sure I heard that somewhere and that we've been doing it for years, so you might be in luck!

Either way, I don't think I can accept either side of the argument. No-one can definitively say there is other life out there, as we know essentially nothing of the universe. On the other hand the fact that we know very little of what's out there increases the chance of there being something

Then AGAIN, there's the theory that extraterrestrial life may have visited us millions of years ago, perhaps before even the dinosaurs, and left having found nothing.

Personally I find the idea that we are entirely alone in the vast blackness very disquieting, and therefore like to believe there is life elsewhere.

When comparing numbers, whether it is a large number or not is all relative.

The number of chemical and biological combinatons required to form life are LARGE, the numbers of planets...which may be in the billions of billions, or even billions of billions of billions, are SMALL by comparison.

The number of planets capable of supporting life still smaller.

The time period in which life has been present on this planet (we only have a sample size of one), relative to the planets age is also small

But isn't that basing everything around Earth and what is needed for life on this planet?

I'm sure a few years back Scientists were insistent that for life to form there needs to be liquid water present. Yet more recently we hear from Nasa that there may be methane based life-forms on the moon Titan;

Titan: Nasa scientists discover evidence 'that alien life exists on Saturn's moon' - Telegraph

I also like the theory that we're not mentally advanced enough to perceive 'alien beings'. In the same way an Ant isn't aware of Humans, nor usually do humans meddle with Ants or try to 'teach' them anything as they're not mentally capable of processing such information. If such ET's viewed humans in the same way there would be no point in them contacting us.

To add a bit of fuel to the fire, here are some links I find pretty interesting;

DxaegClR05I

As-wYmFYb3I

http://www.iirobotics.com/component/content/153.html?task=view

I think there's probably life out there somewhere but the distances between stars and the limitations of the physics of the universe mean it's extremely difficult for us to meet or to communicate much beyond our solar system. Even though there is a bunch of stars with planets in our neighbourhood, the distances between each make our solar system very very isolated - in human terms. Maybe we'll find in years to come that we've got the physics all wrong and things aren't limited by the speed of light - but it doesn't seem very likely.:)

Archived