Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Witches Broom Hubble Palette

Dave Moulton

Hi All,

Managed to get another 3.5hrs of narrowband filter data for this one last week despite the large moon and the fact that the sun was almost coming up in the East by the time I had finished.

Details

Camera QSI 583 Ha 1.6hrs O3 1.6hrs S2 2hrs

Scope Meade series 5000 ED80

Mount EQ6 Guiding PHD

Total Exposure 5hrs from light polluted Connah's Quay North Wales

Thanks

Dave

post-14400-133877459351_thumb.jpg

Lovely filamenty detail Dave. The SII is subtle but it's there!

Thanks Martin my first attempt with this combination. I know it needs a lot of S2 Dawn was breaking and 2hrs was as much as I could get. I think you are right it needs a lot more. But these iamges are never finished are they

Cheers,

Dave

That is a beautiful Image Dave. The NB filters do perform a transformation of this SN remnant. The fine gossamer like filamentary detail looks so delicate and lovely.

Ron.:D

Cheers Ron, I may try to get some more data on this in the future. You are quite right though, the detail and structure in the Veil Neb is spectacular for sure.

Dave

Oooo lovely colours. I do really like the hubble palette!

Thats a cracking image.

But the stars look strange - is it my monitor?

Ant

Probably me the data was taken on different nights and as always there are problems for me to solve. My field flattener does not seem to be performing that well, I think that there is a bit of sag somewhere. Making aligning the data difficult. I am aware of the probs so hopefully should be able to improve as the nights get longer.

Cheers

Dave

AWESOME image Dave :D

do you know the name of that massive star in the middle.

Hi Kris the star I believe is 52 cygni, bright enough at the 4th Mag that you know you are in the right place when you set the cameras rolling

Cheers and thanks also for the rest of you guys for your comments

Dave

1) What the heck is that ????

2) Whatever it is it looks stunning.

Great picture and such fine detail.

It's the advancing shock wave from a very long ago supernova sweeping up the scattered particles in free space and pushing them along.

This image really gives a sense of that happening, I think.

Olly

Brilliant picture and amazing detail.

Cheers Russ anything this time of year seems to be a bit of a challenge. I will probalby wait a while now until the night s get a bit longer before I do anything else

Dave

Beautiful image Dave.

I'm not generally a big fan of the hubble pallete, as the S2 data always gets pushed much too far IMHO, considering that most of the time there's very little of it.

I really like the balance you have here :D

Cheers

Rob

Steve & Richie thanks a bunch guys

Rob. I know what you mean these images are never dull. I've never used the S11 filter until last week and I see what you mean about signal as after 2hrs there was not much to work with. The temptation to over do it is massive still all good fun

Thanks again guys

Dave

Archived