Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Would anybody like any toast?

scotty365

Well hello everyone,

I'm just getting into this malarky so no doubt I'll be askin the nooby questions. I've always had an interest in this field and its took 36 tears i mean years before life finally whipped me me into parting with the money to get started. I intend on doing photography although I've got alot to learn yet. Im in Rotherham (South Yorkshire) and av got bad light pollution, luckily its not too far to the observatory at Hoober Stand and so Im hoping for darker skies out there.

Im going for the 200mm Explorer HEQ5 with SkyScan and my 10X50 bins.

Thankyou,

Scotty

P.S Im not a terminally optomistic toaster. (see red dwarf!)

OK I'll do it then, somebody has to, "Beam me up".

On a lighter note, the kit that you got is what got me going with all this star malarky. Fine set of gear that will suit you sir. Check out the "issues" with the setting circles ( leave them slack) and enjoy the 'scope. It is going to give you some awesome views of the stuff out there.

tips:-

date entry has to be formatted right otherwise the thing just messes with your head.

Polar alignment is easy (if you can see through the polar lining up 'scope and is bang on if you have aligned te reticule.

HTH

Captain Chaos

Archived